Have you ever tasted a veggie recipe and thought to yourself, I wish I hadn’t been so ambitious, I should have just eaten them raw? That has happened to me a time or two. While I only consider myself a moderately healthy person, the one thing I have going for me is a love for veggies. I’ve made them several different ways and these beauties are by far my favorite. They are quick, delicious and healthy.
Make this recipe at least once before summer is over. If you don’t have time now, go to the bottom of the page, select print and you can save the recipe as a PDF or print it out.
The Absolute Best Way to Cook Veggies
- 1 large summer squash, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 12oz of green beans, trimmed
- 1 bell pepper (orange or red), sliced
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 pack of chicken sausage sliced (optional)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice from ½ of a lime
- 1 ½ teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced basil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced oregano
- Place chopped veggies and sausage in a large Ziploc bag
- In a medium bowl, mix the marinade and then pour it over the veggies and sausage
- Close the bag and shake, let marinate in refrigerator for 1-2 hours
- Remove from refrigerator and pour on to greased aluminum foil, grill for 10-12 minutes
For more yummy recipes check us out on Pinterest. If you have questions, ask! I’m happy to help.