When my son’s first birthday came around I was a ball of emotion. Everything from his first steps to him growing out of his clothes made me cry. As I thought back through the year, I couldn’t help but be proud of what a big boy he had grown into. So, I decided to channel all of that emotion into a party. I figured, the first party could be a big one because we had a lot to celebrate – getting through labor/birth, sleeping through the night(both him and us), sitting up, rolling over, walking, eating solid foods, laughs, kisses, hugs and so much more. Knowing that I would have years filled with Ninja Turtles, super heroes and sports themes picked by my son, I was really excited to pick the plane theme. I love to travel and so far, he does too. Here are a few details from his big day to help you throw your plane themed party!
How to Throw a Plane Themed Birthday Party
1. Send boarding pass invitations.
2. Create a baggage claim area with party bags that look like luggage.
Tip: If most of the kids are babies or toddlers give teether cookies and fruit snacks instead of candy.
3. Add a globe to your cupcake stand.
4. Peanuts, pretzels or cookies? Create in flight snacks.
5. Make a personalized photo booth with pilot props.
6. Print or buy a “time flies” photo banner and add a picture from each month to show how much baby has grown. I loved mine so much it’s now hanging in my home office.
If you have questions, ask! I am happy to help. For more birthday party ideas visit us on Pinterest.